By Catharine A. MacKinnon
Read Online or Download Are Women Human?: And Other International Dialogues PDF
Best international law books
The advance of overseas legislation is conventionally understood as a historical past during which the most characters (states and overseas legal professionals) and occasions (wars and peace meetings) are eu. Arnulf Becker Lorca demonstrates how non-Western states and attorneys appropriated nineteenth-century classical pondering that allows you to safeguard new and higher ideas governing non-Western states' diplomacy.
The ebook offers a simple creation to the criminal and monetary matters that come up at each one level of a undertaking finance transaction. It encompasses a entire review of the concept that of venture finance and contains broad insurance of the general criminal constitution of a venture and the major clauses in venture and monetary records.
This ebook addresses the translation and alertness of human rights norms by way of overseas felony Tribunals (ICTs). Such Tribunals are largely heralded as human rights defenders. whilst, despite the fact that, they hire actions that valuable entail the chance of human rights violations: they behavior legal investigations, arrest and detain members, and placed them on trial.
This ebook considers the effectiveness and equity of utilizing foreign cooperation to procure confession proof or facts of a suspect or accused person’s silence throughout borders. it is a query of stability in proscribing and preserving the correct to silence. The functioning of the appropriate legislations in Denmark, England and Wales and Australia is analysed relating to investigative and trial measures resembling police wondering, administrative wondering powers, covert surveillance and using silence as proof of guilt.
- Complementarity in the Line of Fire (Cambridge Studies in Law and Society)
- The Group of 77 at the United Nations: Volume V: The Perez-Guerrero Trust Fund for South-South Cooperation (PGTF): 5 (The Group of 77 at the United Nations, Third Series)
- International Economic Organizations and Law: The Perspective and Role of The Legal Counsel (International Banking and Finance Law)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Norms, Strategic Framing, and Intervention: Lessons for the Responsibility to Protect (Global Institutions)
- Economic Sanctions and International Law (Studies in International Law)
- Political Rationale and International Consequences of the War in Libya
Additional resources for Are Women Human?: And Other International Dialogues
Are Women Human?: And Other International Dialogues by Catharine A. MacKinnon